Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Pop on top a Cupcake



Hi Everyone,

Even though the DoveArt range of stamps is on the realistic side of illustrating, it doesn't mean you can't creatively add some cartoony elements. In this example I thought it would be fun to pop a little character on top of the cupcake and incorporate a fun abstract background.



I began by stamping Sitting Jane and masked her before stamping the Cupcake


Then I coloured the image with copic markers and fussy cut the image leaving a white border.

I created the background using watercolour paper and I stamped the sentiment with Gesso that I had thinned out with water and then I thought it would be fun to used the 'Falling Snow' background stamp to add more texture and interest.

Then using my distress ink pads (Peacock feathers, dusty concord & worn lipstick) I diluted them with water and then applied the colours to the background. Then I spritzed the page with a bit of water to allow the colours to run together but I was careful not to let it get too mixed. I dabbed off some of the excess with a paper towel and then I heat set it.

I repeated the steps adding another layer of colours to help add more texture and finally I flicked it with a few flicks of purple.

I mounted the image with foam squares to add some dimension and then adhered the panel onto a light brown card base to tie the cupcake and elements all together.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Big Squeezes

Zoe

1 comment: