Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Masking Lilac & Butterfly


Hi Everyone,

I really love this stamp and wanted to try creating a frame around my card by stamping the stamp multiple times. By masking certain areas and selectively inking and turning the stamp, I was able to carefully build the flowers around the edge whilst keeping the butterfly as the main focus.



The main image was coloured with Copic Markers and then once I had cropped my design using the LawnFawn stitched rectangle dies, I sponged Distress Inks around the edges to darken them, helping to draw attention to the focal point of the butterfly.

I think masking flower images like this and building a frame around your card design is a fun way to extend the use of your stamps in a creative way.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs


Zoe xoxo

2 comments: